How to Turn Your Tiny Email List
into Big Sales
Want to know what’s more important than a massive email list?
The relationship you have with them.
It’s true. You can have 100,000 people on your list, but if they don’t know you, and worse, if they don’t trust you, then that great big list is worth next to nothing.
Internet marketing expert Connie Ragen Green wrote in her book, “Huge Profits with a Tiny List,” that she earned more than 6 figures one year with a list of just over 600 subscribers!
So, if your list size is not (yet) where you want it to be, don’t let that hold you back from creating and marketing products to them.
Let’s start by learning the biggest mistake email marketers make…
Stay in Touch
This is likely the biggest mistake new email marketers and entrepreneurs make when it comes to their list. Sure, you have great intentions, but somehow sending emails just doesn’t feel so important when you only have a few hundred people on your list.
So you procrastinate.
Days turn into weeks.
Weeks become months.
Pretty soon you realize it’s been 187 days since you last sent an email.
Yikes! That’s no way to build a relationship.
Make it a point to mail your list at least once per week, just so they don’t forget who you are (and why they subscribed in the first place). And if they have forgotten who you are, because of those weeks becoming months thing, then create a re-engagement sequence to send to them.
You can find an amazing one in The Email Marketing Fairy templates by Kate Doster.
It’s the exact sequence I used when I took a break from business for a while and the engagement results were amazing.
Always Keep Their Best Interests in Mind
Making money is great. Ultimately, that’s everyone’s goal. But hammering your list with endless offers is not the best way to go about it. Remember, you’re building a relationship, and that means always asking yourself, “Is this in the best interest of my subscriber?” When you email with a genuine desire to help your reader, it will always be well received. The key is not to forget to sell in between offering value. Remember, selling is a way to help your reader.
Remember, They Need You
Here’s another all-too-common mistake newer list owners make: assuming “someone else has already done it/said it/emailed about it.”
Which could not be further from the truth, and here’s why:
Your subscribers count on you to give them the information they need. They’re looking to you for advice. They need your insight into the right books, courses and coaching programs, which software to buy, what blogs to read.
And it doesn’t matter if other entrepreneurs are talking about an offer or new product or have developed a product that’s similar to yours. Because for some people, the message will only make a connection when they hear it from you. It’s like when you hear the same thing from three friends and when the fourth friend says it, boom! You take it on board.
The 5 keys to turning your tiny email list into big sales
- No matter how small your list is, be consistent.
- Understand who your subscribers are and where they are in their journey.
- Make sure your subscribers know what you have for sale. Start by sharing your main offer and ensure you mention your other offers in emails further down your sequence.
- Plan your emails with a mix of value and selling. To do this, you’ll need to cash up your biz from top to bottom so your subscribers see your offers within your content as well as in your emails.
- Plan to grow your email list from tiny to where you want it to be. You’ll need a solid plan to do this and learn how to plan out your website to attract more subscribers.
The bottom line?
As with most things, quality trumps quantity when it comes to list building.
Just because you don’t have thousands of subscribers is no reason to avoid mailing them. It’s definitely not an excuse for putting your products and training courses on the back-burner. Remember, your subscribers are counting on you.
Just be sure you’re spending time building your relationship, and they’ll reward you with the profits.
If you need help to not only grow your email list but also your sales and your biz, then take a look below at The Business Planning Nerds Bundle.
Discover The 5 x Magic Business Profit Planners You Can Use to Increase Your Biz Income AND Reduce Your Workload
When was the last time you sat down to work on your biz and…
- were completely organized, had a short to-do list AND felt in control of your day?
- knew all your core business sales and marketing systems were in place and functioning smoothly
- could do business from a calm state of mind
- knew exactly what you were working on next instead of frantically putting out fires and chasing your tail
- had a plan of attack for your biz: marketing, sales, social media and content creation
The Business Planning Nerd's Bundle is a set of my best business planning workbooks 🤓 which will teach you the strategies you need in biz AND how to implement an action plan to grow your income fast.